Re: Interesting Rambling

From: hcarteau_at_8eEZhmNTp3m5OdRBCG0hVloS98giDcY88DGkp7GlCNx3KClgWqiIkY8qF9liF_w6bEE
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2010 14:31:06 +0100

Selon fairbruk <kevin_at_8X-XaOXAwDVfoSRlFp5PzWheeGkKQz_sLMZ-qtkQYbf3o0EPoz54eh8rWFy-8L3hKviOQpV9M5xo-RXFekmEdg.yahoo.invalid>:

Dare one mention it's worse - at least one of the fundamental physical forces, gravity, is clearly not operating as we understand it.

Indeed, as I said, it's all going down rabbit holes and wild goose chases. Probably all best ignored for gaming purposes unless your game has a deep problem that needs a detailed understanding of whats going on.
/// No, not really. The point of PLAYING is entertainment, not deep philosophy.
We do a lot of Magics (GL-style), Politics and some Fighting as well but no philosophy. I do like to drop a hint of "Gloranthan magi-physics" from time to time tho, just to make the players feel they're in another world.

At which point a discussion of Gift Givers might be more to the point.
/// OK, let's discuss them. What the hell do they have to do with all this ??