Re: Unmanageable disease

From: Alison Place <alison_place_at_LOtQBpEk59fnqa45q7PZER8-7EEDn936CKajcBOC-svtx40mkJfr5_RkToi63FZ>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 10:44:16 -0800 (PST)

This is exactly the sort of argument (an enemy has cursed me) that has led to witch villages in Ghana.  Of course, in Glorantha, you usually do have the magic, or know someone who does, to counter an enemy's actions.  It must be rather dispiriting (no pun intended), to realise that someone dislikes you enough to curse you for real. Alison

> All disease has magical origins in Glorantha.Hervé:  So : when you are exposed to hypothermia, eat spoilt food, drink polluted  water, etc. it's only demons corrupting you ?

Or demons attacking you, or enemies cursing you, or the malevolent magical forces of the universe getting you!  Your gods, spirits, and spells can't stop everything!  And if you manage to anger your gods or spirits, or are incapable of using the correct spells, things just get worse.