Re: Interesting Rambling

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_eRRngxx-wLVEt5gqfC1ExQF739NAOBL5KBaEPMDYtUsYPuleYbvQQY6zIbPMWcbF>
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2010 20:51:05 -0000

> When looking at Glorantha you can't really apply RW answers to what is
> going on. After all, there are quite a few very important paradigm
> shifts in how we viewed the universe between then and now. This is
> especially true in that Glorantha often explicitly reflects the views
> of those within it, and can be manipulated by manipulating those
> belief structures (after all, what else is magic).*

If just believing something was enough to make it true or magically powerful, Glorantha would be a very different place.

Magic is, generally speaking, the practical application of mythical insights to make a change in the world. At least, magic spells learned from a cult and cast by worshipers are generally that kind of magic.

The rest of your post I have absolutely no problem with.

Simon Hibbs