Dreams vs Harsh Reality

From: Sean Foster <ebaninth_at_63oFb73JbBC5QxWapbux2DiVP01T9kwMnjfGq8ym9BkJ_QO68esiV78D9Fehtyyz9cr>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 23:33:42 +0800

To be fair to Mr Sprange. Mongoose is in business to make money. People seem to always forget what that means. If MRQ I/II does, quality will get better and better, but at the moment product has to get out the door as fast and cheaply as possible...and sell. In business you need to listen to criticism, it should be taken as feedback. If your business plan does not allow you to address the criticism, fine, but at least you looked at it subjectively and made an unemotional decision. My guess is if MRQ got more sales it would get better art - cf Mong Traveller covers.

I've managed to get 5,500 pages out of the Mong and upwards of 3,500 pages from Herowars/quest - this is all good and definitely better than 0 pages.

We are all VERY Passionate about Glorantha. We need to encourage all publishers of it, whether they be Magrathean's or small furry mammals from the Indian subcontinent (that we occasionally pick up on not following canon to 11 decimal places).

Dreamily, I wish Paizo would get on board and produce some 2nd Age Product, their production values are excellent and it would be good from a quality product to test the market - and that's passionate me floating off from reality (but maybe Mong has made the correct _business_ decision from there perspective).

Anyway, bring on:

Moon Design Pavis/Big Rubble

Moon Design Whitewall

Mongoose The Abiding Book

d101 The Book of Glorious Joy

If somebody wants to be Anti-glorantha, don't flame them, sell him good adventures and a starting point in his/her exploration of Glorantha. S:KoH, Borderlands on pdf or Blood of Orlanth anyone?

Sean