Re: Anti-Glorantha rant on Mongoose forums

From: Nick Eden <nick_at_RgXi7uPyu6UDWy9FSgDx8HS-fYPyXajzBbGRk80CIGR57BzE6eMdpYHnxUJZ_ZE15uzCAw7>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 16:01:54 +0000

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 2:48 PM, Bruce Mason <mason.bruce_at_a-fVb4htVCmpNxS3xff6s3RkMDDLRGdZqQx2eSiO4LDVKa4QTTL8gZa4fGfm5SDHZ8XquzsG80_J07s.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> Still and all it would be nice if Mongoose could get around to actually
> using someone who knows Glorantha to do the art. That said, they have
> somewhat squared the circle in Pavis Rises by basically making it all but
> art-free. With the exception of the zebra riders the other six drawings
> could have been done for almost anything. They're of reasonable quality,
> just not particularly Gloranthan. Maps are better though.

What I've got a problem is less the complete lack of art (though that does make the books very dry to read) but the way lookup tables just pop into the middle of sometimes unrelated text. If they used boarders or shading or half a hundred other things that make these distinct then their books would be so much easier to follow.