Re: Interesting Rambling-- Darwin

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_fK-mJ_09FLw3COtSpJGW_ec_74KmEGL8bX0RIgMGImD6cbrxdE_vtDlkow-qwSgk>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 15:17:46 -0800 (PST)

Richard Hayes:

> Glorantha certainly has had extinctions since Time began -- e.g.

Richard's list read, for me, like things that might, will, or have come back. For example --

> The Lost Tribes of Prax

. . . are definitely findable.

> The White Elves (although I think they may have died out in the Godtime)

. . . should be findable in some form.

> Finally where did the Gold Wheel Dancers go?

We know they return. I have a theory that the Praxians children learn to worship spirits by playing hoop games that amount to collateral worship of the Gold Wheel Dancer spirits, which helped keep them alive in the sense of capable of returning. (The hoop represents the Gold Wheel Dancers' bodies, the magical circle that shamans draw before spirit travelling, and the tent-smoke-hole to the spirit world.)

Some guy named Greg:

> For instance, many humans over the Ages have claimed that the Elder Races
> are NOT falling behind. They only look that way to us short-lived humans. In
> fact, say those terrorists of the peaceful mind, the Elder Races are
> building up their forces and powers to unleash all at once upon us hapless,
> food-like human beings.

Do ducks, being shorter-lived than humans, have both these theories about humans, too?

> In fact, all of the Elder Races DO have a Master Plan of their own to unleash.

At the thought of the duck master plan, my heart quails. Ahem. Sorry.

> in fact, there is an area of the East Isles where many species of birdy
> humanoids live.

Beware the ninja penguin keets!

Chris Lemens