Re: More hsunchen

From: hcarteau_at__EOzNFlzZKpBMIMPiQ1er0O7cfiOpVYviGTIE95zaL3Ofga4KveZWLZ30tyIAdh62Dl
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 20:34:53 +0100

Selon Greg Stafford <glorantha1_at_npmWsN6IkfFce6AYdNPpydEKn2H2DONmy_wfq4tmGIcMqzPHFyPF5wNr2-wML78sRFloG21miKjBfGRmiHM7.yahoo.invalid>:

Actually, there is a wide variety of ways that hsunchen see themselves. Some say they are animals cursed with a human form; others say they are not human or animal, but something else; some say they are shape changers; some just say "what the hell are yo alking about?"

/// Some, in all of the cases above, are Proud and Happy about their nature(s),
others consider themselves cursed. I think this is also linked to their totem - it's good to be the king (Bear, Lion) and more difficult to be a raccoon or ferret.

No way the hsunchen consider themselves as a "specy". What does the Mighty Mammoth has to do with the craven opposum ? Each Animal has his own Father(s) and Mother(s), of all three magical worlds. Each is a specy of its own.

Except that the term "species" doesn't exist, or apply in Glorantha. Saying so is like telling me how many inches my dream was. It just doesn't apply
/// Well, dreams of a specific category can be measured in inches, when one
wakes up after them. (couldn't resist it, this is an adult forum after all.) So I refute your refutation ;-)

Let's see, Pavis is the offspring of a rock, a plant, a human and some other stuff.
Tin and Copper married and had Bronze as a child.

Call it mythological
call it magical

What the heck is "integrating his human soul" mean anyway? Everyone in Glorantha has more than one soul. Only creatures who Know It All or have the One True Way are naive enough to think they have one soul.
/// Sure. Dara Happans have six, lunars have seven. The trick is to find and
awaken them, assuming you want to do so. Sometimes they wake up when you weren't looking for them.

we are taught to think, and only to think, but only to think about what we are told. But, in the end just only thinking is a pretty bleak appreciation of the Immaterial world
/// Yes, you have to FEEL to. And DREAM. And probably other things which I can
barely express.

This whole discussion is not about what Gloranthans do, but about the type of language and thinking to use to approach a Glorantha problem.
/// There is no One Truth, never, nowhere in Glorantha (an probably in RW as
well). Which is why I love so much our subjective, partial, warped accounts in first-person from a specific culture mode.