Re: Sartar Companion Impressions

From: Eric Vanel <eric.vanel_at_RlorGdb9J9kfdNCvJDB786j5NmE82Bf1D02UF6ks3tYjeAGPCZvoH4mLM3-8yoomc>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 17:57:23 +0100

Hi gang,
I take some time to feed you back about my impressions. First, I would like to praise the quality of the scenarii. They are very good to put the players in a situation where their choices have high level consequences, especially on the political side. Special mention to "Ghosts of the Ridge". Second, I found the encounters very useful and practical. It easily and quickly gives some deepness in the background with names, details, potential sub plots. I rather choose it on purpose than make it random. Third, I liked the detailed description of the major npc's from Clearvine, Jonstown, Runegate... All the backgrounds are linked together and give some understanding of the very complex sartarite society, culture and politics.

I appreciated as wall the many new arts, especially thoses from Jed Dougherty and Peter Town.

I have not read everything yet and I am sure there is even more...

In conclusion: A must for any Sartar campaign !

Eric

  OK, I know for a fact many of you have received your copies of the Sartar Companion. I'd like to encourage folk to post some of their impressions for the benefit of those who have not yet bought it (but please no more comments on the cover - whether you liked it or not).

  Jeff