Re: What does death by "natural causes" look like in Glorantha?

From: Bruce Mason <mason.bruce_at_nNk2r-o4iW_q_JgI8NjCVxZMbvd5upEr-AmNHUIZAOPKluzMMBvqTPoLeUtJLH-K>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 18:59:53 +0000

On 17 December 2010 17:42, Santo Sengupta <aumshantih_at_P0waLHNkeUCgtxBo4r9dkW45UEUmzTeHsCqvSNccJAlzyF5iV6YWEZFFXgXEzFRFA1m9UA9gC50bpcKvPX4.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> Namaste:
> An interesting topic.
>
> Isn't Old Age a function of "Time", the child of Arachne Solara?

There's an interesting idea. Old age as a sort of poisoning by time. Some species have atural immunity to it (Brithin and Mostali) others have enough power to hold it off for a long time but Time is the one force that healers struggle to oppose. I find that quite evocative. I can imagine a healer looking at someone and saying "I'm sorry, he's too full of time. It has eaten his brain and most of his insides and worn grooves into his body. There's no way to heal that."