Re: What does death by "natural causes" look like in Glorantha?

From: donald_at_SLvL_5yUXEBKbEylrEnk2JjKGhTmUgnENu7K7QG2FhonRSH4r_jEtDFW3Q41IUsNBzoIZ
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 00:40:03 -0000

> I don't think healers, even Chalana Arroy ones, would keep someone alive against their
> > will.
>
> While I do not believe a CA would use force to heal someone, it is very very clear that
> CA *always* believes life is better than death. Even a life of suffering.

I'm not sure that's true. CA has the harmony rune not the life rune. To me that implies ending suffering not prolonging it. Certainly it's an extreme view which most healers don't share.

> And in any case, I was not wondering about someone who has lost the will to live.

Yet that's what happens eventually to most people who live long enough. In Glorantha I suggest that while the will to live remains people stay alive. Which is why you get heroic final actions.

--
Donald Oddy