Re: What does death by "natural causes" look like in Glorantha?

From: donald_at_i3DdrZDNrxR5V3pENvlu3FqibpqeYmBByGphjJqDKwWpjo4j_fkkM5vY-1l2qgX0rjuk7
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 00:40:04 -0000

> > Money's not a motivator for Chalan Arroys. They would take his money to help in their
> > healing work but I don't think they'd fell obliged to the guy. Other types of healers might
> > but they may lack the healing power to help old geezers lengthen their lives.
>
> Strikes me as odd to assume that CA temple hierarchies are not swayed by someone paying
> for a new wing in their hospital. Easy for them to think "he gives us the resources to do
> more and better healing, and the longer he lives the longer his support continues."

I'm sure some individuals are swayed by such things. Others do what their goddess tells them which may appear insane to ordinary people. IMG messages from your god(dess) are often real and best followed. YGMV.

> I recall but cannot cite that CA's charge for their work. Certainly other cults do.

CA does not require payment. Her healers expect donations and Heortling custom is to reward them generously. Ernaldan healers are supported by kin and gifted by others. Deezolan healers charge wealthy clients or work in hospitals supported by Lunar citizens' tithes.

--
Donald Oddy