Re: What does death by "natural causes" look like in Glorantha?

From: Jeff <richaje_at_GGVDbGf0lAQtxJ80tW36oAAhkUyUKC3mAJHeRP_NBwUwhQkJiGP6VCfo-Jnsc_mVfZ0R>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 12:24:30 -0000

> Unfortunately for newbies, it goes
> to far in the direction of any god can do any magic: the only thing which
> prevents it is if the GM knows Gloranthan myth really well. Somewhere in
> between, there is a happier medium (e.g., not all Air rune theists can fly, but
> any Orlanthi with at least Air + Movement > 50 can).

There is a reason that the rune affinity of each cult in HQ2 has a list of magical effects that the dedicated initiates of the cult are known to have used the affinity for. Just use that for a guideline.

BTW, the rules are written to accomodate a variety of play styles. If you want to let your Orlanth initiates fly using their Air Rune, let them! Greg's stories certainly suggest that. Chose the difficulty that best suits your game's dramatic requirements ("I want flying to be really hard even for Orlanthi" or "I want my players to be heroic so I let flying be very easy if they have the right runes"). YGWV and the HQ2 rules make that much easier.

Jeff