Re: The difficulties of Flying

From: Jeff <richaje_at__WCPBZjmM2XuhWjCnYwklHNwcIFj5y9M6sYPyBj9SosLd6_XYpd7ytg9xdFW14fIzIpa>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 16:07:50 -0000

> /// Out of curiosity : how did you handle Flying in your own campaign ? How
> difficult was it, did you use modifiers, was it easier for some (Vanganthi) ?

I let Orlanth initiates use their Air Rune to overcome obstacles by flying. The difficulty is set by dramatic necessity. Vanganthing subcultists get a bonus (as per Sartar) but otherwise I don't use any modifiers. They often augment with Movement (in order to fly fast) or try to get situational modifiers by sacrificing to the gods before hand or performing some sort of ritual (one player announced his hero was going to do wild dervish-type dance to get a situational bonus for flying).

Jeff