Re: How does veneration work?

From: David Cake <dave_at_TIRhODbOeM0GZBcw1bkE_aEqt14NMFmBBXnk12E2--6Aan37bTaPcWyieJjqF__IZLyepqD>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 10:21:42 +0800

At 5:31 PM -0600 21/12/10, Guy Hoyle wrote:
>On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 3:57 PM, Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_wdMZu8W-hf-87mXQ2GmYRdGpRuKyHedty1yOzWE4idxazC4-N44_zFfmmy27tvutXXEX_s1P4PLjvjGtrRav12dfEWw.yahoo.invalid> wrote:
>

>> When you are
>> chosen by Humakt, you are infused with his godly power, and become
>> linked to that god through your nature; you perform magic by acting like
>> Humakt, not by learning about him. (Although learning about him will
>> prove useful for advancing within the cult, performing heroquests, and
>> so on).
>>

>Don't you have to learn about Humakt in order to act like him, though?
>Learning about the deeds of Humakt and his heroes and learning how the
>Saints perform their spells sound very similar to me.

        It helps you do it better. But in theory, if you are infused with Humakts godly nature, you do not need to know how Humakt acted in a particular situation, you will do as he did *because you are sufficiently like him*.

        In practice, few Humakti are so close to his divine nature, and most can do with a little help. And it certainly helps to know his heroes stories too, the details of his holy sites, the customs the cult has developed for various situations, etc.

	Cheers
		David