Re: It's hard to be malkioni

From: hcarteau_at_G2W4o-MUrFIhk6KiefI2avOoS2eAawhxZfoAZqG5TnVZXfFMHKLkGWWZnQHFFSY9WtI
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 10:11:02 +0100

Selon julianlord <julian.lord_at_9tJ9ofowXINzCzW8FSps9Kkg_Sf1-aUJrgyPyEE9vUQCzyTHj55qnYFi29CPysT5qCvHrC6p_jpPu_M.yahoo.invalid>:

> "So speaketh this fool heretick Carteau, in darknesse, ignorence, and
> vainglory !! Fie! Fie! 'pon the cuning trikery of this deceit and divill-worke
!!
> For what is Law but the glorious and bright Faith made adamant and tall, for
> the righteous to revere, obey, and inforce ? And may the Faithless scumme to
> ever cower and flee before this Eternalle Goodnesse, in there Fear and
> Loathing of the Almighty Workes of the Invisible Creator of all Cosmicke
> Order and Bountie !!!"

/// Excellent ! "I had lost my way unto Solace, my feeble mind distracted and pulled to and fro by the many subtle words of sorcerers and heretics. May Rokar forbid me."

> Intellectual like us can blabber about budhism, shamanism and whatever, but
the truth is most of us haven't set foot in a church or sung a sincere prayer since we were kids... Thus my "blind man" metaphor below.

Speak for yourself, not everyone has such an abstract view of things, and not everyone has crossed out Faith and Spirituality from their cultural keyword !!! /// No, of course not. Perhaps less in your countries than in France, where republican, then communist education has done its best to wipe out the Church's influence. Trouble is, they threw away the baby along with the bath's dirty water...

even though there is a certain kind of intellectual arrogance in the modern West that holds itself as apart from and superior to spirituality, and anything associated with it -- spirituality cannot be banished away by the application of logic or intelligence, nor are intelligence or logic incompatible with spirituality.
/// I totally agree. We are in perfect agreement here.

When I read what we say about faith, it strikes me as blind men discussing colors. We cannot imagine what it means to live by, to feel FAITH.

> I'd say it's more a blindfold than an actual blindness -- and a blindfold can
> be removed. :)

/// Good metaphor ! I'll keep it.