Re: Travel in Satar

From: Peter Larsen <p3larsen_at_t0WJwt22g1ETiBFfAxZ7W5R3A1SBk1jkk3KU7a1DeZ1tCZZghb-gOUVxG5DOZG_ZNvs>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 07:20:12 -0500

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 5:07 AM, Gavain Sweetman < gavain.sweetman_at_yrKpNT6Ma01f1dpN0AuovrTsfYnoOqQRqhA6wB6SqG2uhCCS0PInqog1aT3Spi7JAwjeHBeTTm7snt3h7DcSJfyuYNO1DwWqpg.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> Are there alternative routes? Especially important I guess is the crossing
> of
>
> The Stream. The maps only show one place where this is possible, are there
> other crossing points? By the Severn Falls or Kjartan's Pool for example.

If you need a crossing at a given point for a story, there might as well be one. Why mess up a perfectly good story with a rigid reliance on a map? This is a story, not a documentary....

The crossing could be a naturally navigable place like a ford, a place where the characters can cross with a little work (a bridge-building challenge!), or a ferry of some sort run by the local clan (which, of course, means dealing with the clan, for bonus gaming). Since this is Glorantha, there is no reason the crossing has to be one that would exist in the real world -- perhaps there is a spot where a hero or god jumped the river, and a brief worship ceremony will let you do the same; perhaps a local being can be convinced to carry you across with the correct offering; etc.

Peter Larsen