Re: So what's SOLACE to a rokari ?

From: Greg Stafford <glorantha1_at_tRE8rcQpVvFe3OdDxCZgfbQayXNk-OzlbUu8pv0BVRkVG1kUwjIEW0jJbXRPqw1-T>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 09:57:34 -0800

YGWV On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 3:44 PM, Keith <keith.nellist_at_8WGjWe8LqOOn5GtxLhNOEG81y4mfp7eYpqVN0JcpMGWhr_yhAYORI-5ZhQ8csJf2bCLQ1rUqyqGwPpQADJhd6l87.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> That was my understanding of Solace and Joy - they were things that the
> worshippers experienced during worship, even if only briefly, that makes
> life worth living.

No.
That is Joy
Solace does not grant the experience of God It is a promise of what is to come that is greater than anything the worshiper can think of or imagine
or as the Rokari say it, "experience of Hrestol the devil, whose perceptions ensnare the foolish."

> It is the reward for good Malkioni. Solace being the thing that offers
> comfort and consolation for the miseries of the world, and Joy offering hope
> and happiness

Solace rewards you for the right life after death Joy lets you taste is Now

--
Greg Stafford
Game Designer