Re: So what's SOLACE to a rokari ?

From: julianlord <julian.lord_at_-KOpWoQL0LPtl9rLckWpcMhtZN5_KJkFoYXFBb-L0pR5Iotty0M5BGgSozBLo_iu>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 01:18:35 -0000

Trotsky :

> > > Does he need to explain it? Can't he just show them it?
> >
> > No
> > He can show them a facsimile, which is sufficient most of the time
> > How will the know?
>
> A facsimile, not the actual thing, sure. But they aren't just standing
> around in a Church listening to the wizard's sermon droning on. Are they?

The various magical and liturgical practises are bound to vary from sect to sect... and from caste to caste.

Orthodox Rokarism considers the shepherds and milkmaids of this world to be intellectually and spiritually incapable of understanding these things anyway, quite besides being spiritually dangerous to teach them any of these things, so that I would imagine the teachings to be based on a combination of carrot and stick in this world and the next and in the in-between world of magic.

Think RuneQuest --- you go and do this for me, and I'll teach you this labour-saving spell for free instead of for 100 Guilders... (Praise the Almighty !!) :D

I can't see that Rokari beliefs as they are presented to the peasantry are going to be very complicated ones... The religious justifications and rationalisations are likely to be provided at the higher levels of the hierarchy only.

Julian Lord