Re: Miniatures for Orlanthi characters

From: Osentalka <Osentalka_at_N2RI-aa15jzsRX_BOKyRqDehCiYgdcogkV9VVX8wydq9w3jxMqjhmRvzeszV9Vzpao>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 22:47:51 +0100

Stay tuned...

in the next few weeks i plan to sell all my RuneQuest / Glorantha and Cthulhu Miniatures. Hundreds of them...

Cheers

André

> I'm looking for miniatures representing the characters and would like to
> get
> feedback on the miniature (collection and supplier) you use to represent
> Heortling characters if any.

  I'm assuming that you're looking for 25/28mm metal figures.

  Besides the Lance & Laser guys, and the long-out-of-print Ral Parthas and   Trollkin Forge, I usually look at Historical ranges.

  Depending on your view of what Sartarites look like, you might look at   Celts/Gauls/Dacians/Britons, early or late Saxons, Vikings, Dark Age Picts   or Irish, or Ancient Germans. You might try Highland Scots from the time of   the English Civil War if you like kilts and bagpipes.

  You'll be better off searching the web for manufacturers. Try looking at   some of the the following. You may need to do a bit of research once you   get to a site.

  1st Corps.: http://www.1stcorps.co.uk/online_shop/
  A&A: http://www.aandaminiatures.co.uk/products/9
  Artizan: http://www.artizandesigns.com/
  Black Tree: http://www.blacktreedesign.com/northamerica/home.php?cat=2431   Crusader Miniatures: http://www.crusaderminiatures.com/index.php
  Gripping Beast: http://www.grippingbeast.com/
  Old Glory: http://www.oldgloryminiatures.com/
  Wargames Foundry: http://wargamesfoundry.com/
  Warlord Games: http://www.warlordgames.co.uk/

  There are a few manufacturers who produce 28mm Celts, Romans, Vikings and   Saxons in plastic, which are cheaper on your wallet but take more time to   put together before you paint.

  RR
  From such a face and form as mine, the noblest sentiments sound like the   black utterances of a depraved imagination.