Tracking down a sea tribe myth

From: Bruce Mason <mason.bruce_at_ue9yy1VPWH5X5gfuvvD4tLqVHQQr-a6ZqJpmNJRfGgG4efwRagPTj4v5lby-t760>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 08:36:23 +0000

Hi all, I'm not sure if I'm making this up or not but I seem to recall coming across a myth about when the Spike exploded and the water tribe rushed to breach the gap. The story concerned a guardian water god who was either forced to watch his/her lover die and wept because of it or who tried to stop him/her but killed her/him by mistake. In both cases he/she ended up crying. Had a look in the usual places including the Tales sea special but am drawing a blank.

Am I confusing this with something else or does anyone know the source, as it were?

Bruce