What is Solace?

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_ZJIiwO1zDEnAlCR_aRNZd5f4AKq1uhrLlrOje3eGuooQJH3oWsiMti5YnUYS9gXwrAc>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2011 20:00:41 +1300

Brithini

Solace is acting in accordance with the Laws of the Cosmos. Being in Solace protects you from chaos and decay. In the old days, this was a natural action like eating, talking or reading. Then came the Great Error and what was once simple became impossible. Observance of the visible laws prevented some decay but chaos grew so strong that it threatened even them. Zzabur brought Solace back by discovering the Eternal Laws that had been lost.

God Learner

Like the Abiding Book, the world was created in four ways, the mystical, the moral, the allegorical and the physical. The physical world is the one in which we live. The mystical world is the one which cannot be described in words and I shall write about it no further. The allegorical world is well known as the world where the wild things are that walk with the shape and gait of men. What I want to discuss is the least understood and most important of the knowable worlds - the moral.

The moral world exists as a shield between the mystical world and the imperfections of the physical and allegorical worlds. Because it is abhorrent that bad things should happen to good people, the moral world exists to provide them justice. When good people die through no fault of their own, the moral world provides them with eternal life. The source of the moral world is the Solace that Malkion taught.

Loskalmi

Solace is the flawless state. When one has no flaws, one is in Solace. Long ago, Solace was had by all but then Zzabur vindictively marred it to spite Malkion. The world struggled without Solace and died. Malkion sacrificed himself to make Solace anew and then he sent Hrestol to show everybody how to reach it.

--Peter Metcalfe