Re: Sub-castes : within castes, below castes ?

From: hcarteau_at_RvglfH4k3FCiQSCDJt9YEb2Mjbn8-jat9DfpQ3VYrbvXjNDhOkHhZEmSctyK7y3JnSm
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 10:26:15 +0100

Selon Jeff <richaje_at_wLlJmkvGVz50KKaLc50L7-jZPz_hebWjK35vqP5E00y4BIvy5CYYLRPITnbd3XHseF0Q9gOUd2_T.yahoo.invalid>:

> Well long-distance merchants tend to belong to the Talar caste (!). The
> Talars deal with outsiders, not the dromals.
/// Yes. This horrible chore is why they are also tasked with pleasant things such as "organizing meetings and leading the community", as a compensation. In fact, one might wonder if talari are more ambassadors / interfaces with outsiders FIRST, and rulers SECOND. I can see some malkioni sects arguing details of the "Malkion instructs Talar" parabol about the various roles of the talari. Since the "Revelations of Now" text has been lost for a long time, we do not know what Malkion originally said to the caste founders - possibly we couldn't understand it, not being brithini.

> In Seshnela, the Horals do not provide their own officers (although they do
> have their own leaders). That is provided by the Talar caste. Think along the
> lines of the Gurkhas in the British Indian Army.
/// That is interesting. The "leaders" are NCO, to whom the Talari officers speak, and who relay orders to the grunts then ? But how far are rokari talari officers versed in matters of war then (strategy and tactics) ? And can they fight themselves if need be ?