Re: Ransoms

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_N8mYbQ8uIaEey_cemOj-74oqbosiXkeChutZOna2hZrXKRDwC2i6Lzhzpo12p5ka034>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 21:01:51 +0000

Greg Stafford wrote:

> Always remember that in Seshnela there are two might powers working in
> conjunction to get their own way
> the rigid spiritual church is crushing dissent and outsider powers to
> monopolize the energy of prayer
> the rigid mundane government is crushing dissent and outside influences to
> to monopolize the energy of material wealth
> these are hard to resist, and will succeed (unless your campaign does
> otherwise!!)
>
> Always there exists in Glorantha the polar attractions of material success
> and spiritual compliance (both differently measured in different cultures)

For once, I'm going to step forward and comment on this: it is something that seems to me quite key to understanding Seshnela. Hopefully, I've succeeded in making it an important theme in Kingdom of the Flamesword (eventually rejected by MD, of course, but hopefully available at some point from elsewhere).
--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Not a Dead Communist: http://jrevell.blogspot.com/