Re: The Importance of Caste (or Why Wizards Don't Rule)

From: David Cake <dave_at_tyxhNnU2mhyNlNa0RGVA-yFPsICQcWj_G8I0fT7C_6OQgFFUM8vg5o04Gv0OiOo0QC1Jib9>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 01:34:26 +0800

At 8:56 AM +0000 15/2/11, Jeff wrote:
> > > Regardless of the exact origins, it seems from what we know of
>the actions of Malkion that he specifically preached to each caste.
>Whether Malkion or Zzabur created the laws of caste for
>> > Danmalastan, it seems pretty clear that Malkion in the Abiding
>>Book preached in favour of the current caste system.
> > And the Abiding Book is what? The product of Jrusteli Spells cast in
>> the Imperial Age. Of course, it's going to make Malkion a strong
>> proponent of caste.
>
>The Abiding Book contradicts neither the Old Hrestoli position on
>caste or the Rokari position on caste. The Rokari rule of
>interpretation is that the old Brithini laws should be obeyed
>*unless* contradicted by the Abiding Book.

        Yes, I am sure that Malkion in the Abiding Book says several things about caste (in the various 'Malkion Instructs The <Caste>' chapters), but is maddeningly vague or open to interpretation on many of the questions people really wish he would answer.

> > Every Malkioni's view of caste is based on what they believe Old Man
>> Malkion to have said. The only problem is that the historical record is
>> scant and heavily supplemented by contradictory prophetic revelations.
>
>And the fact that the original Abiding Book is lost.

        And that even most of those who openly disagree with the Abiding Book such as the Hrestroli (or Safelstrans, or Atroxians etc) still claim to be following the words of Malkion himself, based on different alleged eye witness accounts.

	Cheers
		David