Re: A little bit on Joy

From: Jeff <richaje_at_NLs0TWd_5_lxvxFgGXIKRpUYAldwbPgDQflLS-9bbZ-_IRF6v--oPPpeqRbVIx5XM6rJ>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 17:19:24 -0000

> While I agree with that as far as Joy goes, I have to say, I was at a
> Quaker boarding school for five years, attending all of their religious
> services, and I never saw anything even remotely like that...

Hah - they didn't bring you to the secret ceremonies for the elect! :D

Seriously, I know that the Quakers don't do the ecstatic communion with God as in old school Pentecostalism. But I included them in the comparison, since that is of course their old time reputation. And in this case, the stereotype is more useful for describing Joy in game terms than the actual truth of practice.

Jeff