Re: North American Gloranthan convention

From: Nick Eden <nick_at_q8MP4tzyh8-VOgEngCAAVjPqdkCKFz08t5RfVdkvvkw2gLJEdp_va_hC6BKU926qWGqe_fY>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 16:32:20 +0000

Just to add a couple of extras - entirely from the perspective of a potential guest, I've never organised one of these things.
  1. Assume that there will be a few people who might want to attend from the European circuit: So don't schedule your con too close to Eternal Con or Continuum. It might be worth considering alternating with Continuum - 2012 in the UK, 2013 in the US, every year in Germany.
  2. Good air links and/or public transport is critical. Personally I'd want there to be other stuff to visit in the area as well. You could organise the greatest, most kick ass convention ever in Des Moines, and I'd be a lot less likely to try and slot the con into an otherwise expensive international holiday than I would if it were on one of the coasts.
  3. The ability to leave the con, drive a few miles and get in some world class wreck diving would get me to commit as a guest. But possibly only me.