Re: Another Pithdaros Question

From: Jeff <richaje_at_RaitC-gywxxoOOwi7RyNJeeHIrLI3NGCkiHFBnQdw9LxHXnO6CKeim06AEyraLILYEMz>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 18:40:13 -0000

> Mark wrote:
> >
> > Has a canonical reason for the Pithdaros emmigration ever been given?
> > I'm curios to know just exactly why a large group of people would
> > suddenly travel across an ocean to an unknown land. I know that they
> > were expecting to fight Gbaji, but there must be more to the story
> > than that.

Yes, Middle Sea Empire (if you are interested in Malkioni things and don't have it, get it!) page 16:

"Without any warning, a huge fleet of strange ships landed at Pithdaros. They bore an army black men and women with strange weapons, all of them with spirits about them like another small army. They said they had come to fight the against the evil teachings of the Bad God, the Deceiver, Gabaja. They said the god Bolongo had come to Genertela and done this evil, so they had followed to help destroy their god's bad deeds. Vile seas had tried to delay their approach, they said, but they had prevailed despite losses, and arrived.

"Let us Serve," they said.

Ullmal told them about the Stygian Empire, which had been ruled by the Gabaji, whom they called Arkat. Ullmal escorted them through Tanisor, gave them supplies, and directed them against Ralios. At first they went willingly, but after a few fights they spoke with their foes. The Pithdarans decided they had been deceived and went back to where their boats had been, but their boats were gone. They then rounded up all the people in that area and sent them away upon pain of death to return. They sent word to Ullmal, that they planned to stay and wait for Gbaji to come back, and wished to be not bothered until then. Ullmal wisely agreed, and resettled his own displaced peoples. Their descendants of these Agimori still live in Pithdaros."

Jeff