Re: A question about Justice - Western Style - in Fay Jee

From: hcarteau_at_2eEYoZtlIE7H8doc0Sjlcl2U0VQ2WgXuDz7DRbnOPioYD7QH4dsTQVr-LS-ght_kg4M
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 16:38:41 +0100

Selon donald_at_zWzaevs_kH-WazPfZZGsvEOxiPMZ1oRv4qfCOFr08SraMc5eurO-e3PzU5J94MbTHOhXHTIe7Be2cpRo3kuNG-Nj.yahoo.invalid:

That did occur to me until I checked Annike's writeup - Ruthless 17. No way is she going to let him live whatever her mother wants.
/// You're right! I had forgotten she's ruthless. But she's also devoted to her
family...

Why murder him? I think she'd have him put on trial with the PC who dumped the problem in her lap as the judge and a heavy hint about the expected outcome. That way she establishes her authority and gets a reputation for justice even when family is involved.
/// Excellent. I might try something like that if there's time, even though I
hate all these court TV shows !

Another PC gets the job of prosecutor and you produce a Rokari bishop for the defence who can argue that Stephan isn't a traitor and that executing him would be a crime.
/// Ah yes, a minor problem there : local rokari watcher Jestocos the Stern had
his head torn off by a berserk raccoon wannabe shaman that fell from the roof of his basilica, right in front of his whole congregation, in the middle of the crusade ritual he was leading to support the putsch (goes to show what happen when the Holy Power of the Crusade is misused). So no rokari witness. In fact, the rokari exodus has begun, with only a few merchant talari staying in Fay Jee. The rest of them left, horrified, but about a hundred dronari converted to Ashara.
In a Season, Living Saint Theoblanc will call anathema on this city of murdering heretics and threaten them of the Crusade. Then he'll focus again on the Quimpolic League and Ralios... Maybe.