Re: Safelster Q&A part 2

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_ec-bFdqzuR-IfjCQpT2umkhs8-dhIvX4lBv70vsXVN7canhBb4E0PKBZ_3LHe6u5dDP>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 10:31:26 +1200

On 4/16/2011 4:07 AM, Jeff wrote:
> Which reminds me. When the Dangan Confederacy embraced the Theyalan
> religion they divided the myths of Orlanth killing the Sun (Orlanth's
> contests with Ehilm over Ernalda the Green Lady) from the myth of
> Orlanth's feud with the Evil Emperor (who the Ralians identified with
> Seras the Enchanter, maker of the Mostali and also identified with
> Malkion the god of the Westerners).

One minor niggle about Seras. His name sounds a bit too much like the Enchanter of Seravus. Is this intentional? Because in the Plundering of Aron, Servaus is described in terms that would make it closer to the Serpent Beast folk (the Brotherhood that pulled Yinkin's Tail and the allies of the Vustri) rather than the Mostali.

--Peter Metcalfe