Re: Glorantha.com Coming Upgrades

From: newt_newport <mrnewt_at_qfRSAKl2UMVYwcdx3rYyUuHctC6I-EZbKv08aPkth6udBTDYPjR8LLR91nsDSs7TfoTNU>
Date: Fri, 06 May 2011 06:00:46 -0000

Howdo folks

A couple of points that have come up that as developer on this project I really need to answer.

"Sounds really good to me. But PLEASE be sure not to lose anything"

Nothing has been lost, the old site is still there as David points out.

My personal driver on doing this project is to get all the old material easily accessible by a simple search. To this end there will be a section of the site called "The Jonstone Library" which will have all the old material.

Also there will be a huge amount of new material, going up in the library area. I'd go as far to say that this material wouldn't see the light of day on the web if it wasn't for the new site that I'm putting up.

"I'm suspicious.

An e-mail that tells me to go and look at a forum is not more user friendly than an e-mail that contains the content..."

This email will contain the content as well as notifiying you of the new post.

There's no need to be suspicious, or fearful, about this. On one hand yes Moon Designs gets a brand new spanking web site, which helps them promote the games they publish and will give them a more effective webstore (because hey more sales = more new books), but its also being done with the community in mind, both current and new blood. I wouldn't be doing it for free if that wasn't the case, something Tim you should know.

Finally putting my Hearts in Glorantha Editor hat

"And Newt, we ALSO wait for the next HiG!"

The Book of Glorious Joy (Trotsky's book on the West, now in final checking) is what's holding up HiG#5. Its twice the size of an issue of HiG (at least) and has been a big big job. Once that's done and dusted I'll be working on getting it out sometime over the summer.

Regards

;O)Newt

http://d101games.co.uk