Re: The Paps

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_HjNwnrGmysUQNVzhYEJ0X0NFVA0vx5ju-mdCgZCAxkdr9VFlA2pIVyGkFs5UWQnF>
Date: Mon, 09 May 2011 19:54:05 -0000

Jeff:

> The Axe Sisters have a specific Praxian origin
> (no doubt related to the demise of Genert)

I don't think so. Tada's burial of Eiritha provides all the right hooks for Axe Daughter -- a familial link to the place where her folowers are, a connection to rape, a different connection to death, etc. Of course, even before time, myths are like ripples spreading on a pond: each wave has remarkable similarities to others, even though it also has differences. Genert's death is one ripple; Eirith'a burial is another.

> BUT they are also Babeester Gor
> AND guard the corpse of Eiritha's mothers.

Maybe. I don't think we have to decide. Just leave enough hooks for campgaigns to decide for themselves. After all, Babester Gor is not big enough to matter for the overall structure of Praxian mythology -- it could be either way and not change how the nomads live or what they think.

> These stories are all contradictory in details and yet are all true.
. . .
I agree with all the rest of what you said.

Chris