Re: Mongoose and Issaries Part Ways

From: Greg Stafford <glorantha1_at_X6y55VG7b1jL8mUgtb8QA7hLc3HSsBSN1I6L_dhYrGAwlKjmIpb8bd-lFe7-pUr9n>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 11:52:18 -0700

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 8:39 AM, Iain <ismurray_at_tw2URLhEItZendq-cylUTEeuj9ooVKcahXRQZVpYQ95alfo0MW5EjeMmRA1lqWXa7mZY0OV5s1o.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> The MRQ1 OGL is out there and cannot, as far as I can tell, be revoked. So
> the core of the *rules* is open content and can be tweaked to your heart's
> content,

The OGL refers to the system, which cannot be copyrighted or trademarked; and to the use of the text--the exact text of the rules, which is a copyright issue.

Issaries does not own the copyright to such, and so its existence is officially of no concern to me.

but I don't think you can call it RuneQuest. It'd be great if Greg, Rick or

--
Greg Stafford
Game Designer