Re: malkioni un-churches

From: Jeff <richaje_at_Vs1MytS1e4CnJsHsWgBP6EdO0SR0rU6LHyVd2tJuspeS5VYl5hyZo5x_lzrixIIZeu43>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 05:36:31 -0000

> It took me a year to understand what he was trying to make me see. In short,
> Malkionism is more a philosophy than a religion. Some sects do not put much
> value into the notion of God, or the Great Mind, or whatever. Wizards work to
> understand how the Universe works, what are its Laws. Thinking is the Most
> Sacred, Most Exalted occupation a man can have (Ruling comes far behind).
> Thinking and Understanding, the use of Logic and Reason, does bring man closer
> to God/the Absolute/the One/etc. Some call it Solace, some call it Joy.

Yes. Malkionism is logical and founded on Reason. One of the best short summaries of the Malkioni is also the oldest, from way back in 1981:

THE PRIME MOVER originates the humanist universe. Nowhere is it personified or otherwise given any attributes of being. This strictly impartial force can be tapped and/or exploited by the dominant mortal races of the world through manipulation of Knowledge and Power. The Malkioni religion primarily supports this belief, and since it further supports active human dominance of the universe there is a corresponding belief that the secrets of this prime mover were discovered by their god and passed on to the people. The Malkioni race founded the Wizards, who think they can shape the universe without consent from gods who are elsewhere believed to rule everything. [Cults of Terror, page 11]

> The zzaburi elite does study its Holy Texts and sometimes re-discovers forgotten
> Laws. The talari rulers might sometimes be interested in metaphysical
> discussions. But 97% of the population (horali and dronari) get a very
> simplified version of these Laws, mostly those who explain their Duties. Since
> it's such dry reading, they often complement it with Saints worship or a little
> side paganism.

Yep. On the other hand that 97% of the population get the benefit of the magic the wizards cast on their behalf. And the prospect of Solace if they obey the Laws and fulfill their Duties.

Jeff

Jeff