Re: Atroxic Church and other Questions

From: hcarteau_at_4RlG4wprWzxSgK670QR_bqxR-iEshPz8GXJIW0MD-1WYBN_Z0OfozX-c5zftqZzg1LJ
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 18:52:11 +0200

Selon Sean Foster <ebaninth_at_pgxdwBniAsU7IpzhfJdfI6amqqN4EwYLqyikqgz2LfgztLDX40Aop1FTM1REuXju8a0hV6NgV8tUJDZyvA.yahoo.invalid>:

> In MRQII the Atroxic Church seems to be a special sect that is equivalent to
> the RW Inquisition. They work(ed) for the True Malkioni Church (Main
> religion of Imperial Seshnela/Justela) being used as secret enforcers/dart
> compeditors/assassins.

/// The True Church had many branches, some completely rotten. The atroxi might have been at this time a group of rabid weirdoes sicced on the Church's lowest foes, the ones not even deserving being shown the True Way.

> In MRQII Arolanit seems to be the bread basket of Seshnela, 700 years later
> in RQ3 there are 190,000 Brithini in Arolanit - my how they bred? At it
> like rabbits they were.

/// Jeff will tell you how many brithin remain today, but I'd say much less. Something terrible happened to Arolanit at the end of the second age. I think the local brithini tapped the Land almost dry to fend off a catastrophe such as Seshnela's Tsunami, creating another catastrophe.

In MRQII the Esvulari were a Dawn Age irreligious people in eastern Seshnela
> & Maniria, that become a sect of Malkioni. In Tradetalk #12 they are
> distant cousins of the Orlanthi of Dragon Pass, which incorporated malkioni
> migrants, and evolved into the Aeolian Church.
/// The esvulari had been cut off from mainstream malkionism for a very long time. They were subjugated by the MSE's splendor. Then the Rebound destroyed the Empire, leaving them again isolated. No wonder they began again emphasizing their links to their neighbors ! And there were a lot of opportunities for cross mariages and alliances over the centuries.

Which I suppose brings me to the question as to how Canon is MRQI & MRQII? /// Personally I don't care - like you, I take what I like and use it. MRQ was never cannon, except for Loz' works.
Anyway, basically, nothing is Cannon anymore - there'll be a lot of changes in the future GtG (Guide to Genertela) !

> Cannot wait to get my hands on this Harrek Saga. But I have just one
> request. Please just start it off with: "So your floating out into the
> ocean on a giants cradle when.". My players still have terrible memories of
> THAT adventure, and as they are getting on now, I would like to have a good
> chance of getting them to the table.

/// Do tell us what these "terrible memories" are please ; nothing like a good disaster story to generate new ideas !