Re: Draft Map of Genertela at the Dawn

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_JJElEkp6FGO_85wC-KGflgBsUvCt5F3PbV6pzuHPQ8o-v_KeCp5qyJTQSpPPjP1w_LM>
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2011 23:22:20 +1200

On 6/1/2011 5:24 AM, David Cake wrote:

> Add the sentence immediately before that quote ("The people
> of Chern Durel are proverbial among the Kralori for their
> stupidity."), thus putting it back into the original context, and it
> looks far more like a description of Kralori prejudice, rather than
> truth.

Right, like I would waste two paragraphs on expounding Kralori prejudice instead of describing what the Ignorants are actually like? That the Ignorants are proverbial in Kralorela for their stupidity (which is a true statement) does not mean that the sentences that follow are Kralori fabrications. Much of the statements are about material and observable features of Ignorant culture - such as not using metal tools - and it is difficult to interpret them as kralori prejudices.

> We know nothing about WHY [the ignorants] are that way,

So Shavaya's Blinding of the Solar Storm isn't a sufficient cause for their spiritual darkness? I realize it's not explicitly stated as such but it seems to me a fair interpretation that what happened afterwards was Kralorela's fault.

--Peter Metcalfe