Re: Second Age money

From: Richard Hayes <richard_hayes29_at_s3cYIm7nc9CkPohucF-Xjst_NPG4gAFpP5R0vNg6C_jmCwROjJxL7bRmZ39E>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 10:52:50 +0100 (BST)

Lunars was the default out-of-character term used in RQ 2 for (fairly interchangeable?) silver coins, though RQ2 itself said somewhere in the small print that most Gloranthans had a diferent local term for their silver coins-- if I remember correctly patriotic Lunars actually called them "Imperials", Satarites called the Sartarite equivalent "Sovereigns" and trading ports at the coast often called them "Guilders". Somebody actually called them "Lunars" too, and I wondered whether that was non-Lunars in Pavis but Rurik used the term "Guilders" when he surrendered to a band of Trolls for Wergild.

RQ2 did not really consider coinaghe in the West, the East or Pamaltela.

Richard