Re: Scripts + Examples

From: nils_w <nils_at_a9OflFLN6itgJ6_XF4LAG2URKcJWDBuotmU9XUAbTC4eRjM_oGTBapJdxwhp22dk2FhmPoo>
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 22:12:44 -0000

To nitpick, Yederjalif is the name of the scripture, not the script. Reading the Yederjalif means experiencing mystic liberation. That's why it is so difficult to read. In my Glorantha, the last known complete copy of the Yederjalif is destroyed when Dech Oru razes the great temple of Vith on Hanfarador. A major plot line is then to assemble a complete copy from remaining fragments.

> The Kadijalif - analogous to egyptian hieroglyphs

Kadijalif is also the name of the scripture, I like the hieroglyph analogy for the script.

> The Fenvalic - analogous to egyptian hieratic.

Here I disagree, as told in the myth of Fenvalo's memory (found in Revealed Mythologies), the Fenvalic script is rebus writing. It looks like pictograms, but you should read out the sounds not what's depicted.

> The Parlothadi - from the description, it seems to be analogous on the
> Korean Hangul.

Excellent analogy. This is found in the myth (or rather legend) of the Grand Steward and the monkeys, also found in RM. I was thinking of the indian devanagari script when I wrote it, but given the deliberation of its construction, Hangul is a better analogy.

/Nils W