Heroes keeping their place

From: hcarteau_at_S6wTTZ_JUirOOZpkB91XBsLJZPZ6FrExa6nbcxEJxctKakwaa412odfnzevhnQeUBHG
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 23:35:07 +0200 (CEST)

Still you want (adventurers) around (because) monsters exist.
/// Well, you don't want these armed freaks anywhere your house (NIMBY) except if you are heavily armed too (think Sartarite clan) and think you and your herder buddies can bash their head in if they get too rowdy. If you are a nicely civilized dara happan or seshnegi farmer, no way. UNTIL the monsters are practically breathing down your neck, after having butchered the local militia, the hoplites sent as reinforcement and the Sun Priest. Then you'll consider supporting these armed freaks. Only then.

Typical reaction to Adventurers is, at best, mixed. As long as they're not actively terrorizing the populace, well, it's kinda nice to know that they're around, just in case
/// No way. Let them live somewhere else. I don't want them weirdos looking over my fence, or patronizing the same club as I do. At best, have the chief grant them some estate at the far edge of Our Lands.