Pavis pronunciation (was Re: Gloranthan ?! Linguistics)

From: Kel <clonedkryptonian_at_aRePti-PIFvCgCa91RY7hd351w1jEbOCC4ktozAmyAyd1KF_xNRlIbgDLC4>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 12:39:36 -0700 (PDT)

Wow, my first post after lurking for ... I don't know how long.

Sorry, Allison, I am in Ontario too, and three completely different gaming groups (all in the Toronto area, mind you) have all pronounced it "Pay-viss".  I always thought the name evoked a feel of a city in the middle of the wilderness, since the name makes it sound "paved" (even tho New Pavis is no doubt not paved in any way... perhaps some parts of the Rubble).

Kel

From: Alison Place <alison_place_at_qGe8bcx1M3Nfq53DnEg6T-4I9i4xfPwIUEYQmWY-LGPvE2iY17kpKUpuS6Dr_1sKqZlGcks4BNXdmkHJf1FV.yahoo.invalid> Sent: Saturday, August 20, 2011 9:18:47 AM Subject: Re: Gloranthan ?! Linguistics

<snip>
Alison

P.S.  We're in the Paa-vis camp, up here in Ontario.