Genertification of Prax

From: Keith <keith.nellist_at_FNY-QBycCOMuvDEO0GwcjX82qX6Dou47phaj2fy3IeY9TWovZ9Y2c3wDxvA1Ac>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 20:45:57 -0000

Great post Chris,

I didn't know about Giants being common in Prax in the First Age.

The return of Genert could be an interesting theme for a game. There would be tensions between a lot of powers. I think Waha is only one aspect of that and that how Eiritha (the herds)reacts is the key. Do the herds prosper under the love of Good Shepherd, and then Eiritha returns to her former lover, leaving Storm Bull to storm off. Or do the Eirithan herds get driven from the newly agricultural (Ronance irrigated) lands and get replaced with sheep, horses and fields of "48 old ones", and some splendid Yams. Does the Redwood then return?

Waha, as his mother's son, could try to remain loyal to his mother in Prax, or perhaps move out East into areas scoured barren by the Storm Bull winds (presuming fertility returns to Prax first, iniitally leaving the wastes barren). If he stayed then without his fathers aid against chaos, would Waha manage to resist the rise of chaos monsters. Would the water diverted from the Good Canal for agricultural purposes lead to the rise of the Devil, crumbling the Block and rising to destroy the world.

To me, the whole thing comes across as a sort of Soap Opera of Prax, mashed up with Dune Messiah. Good fun. One could also try to have a few Genert-returning Skeptics saying that there is no evidence of Generts return, or that even if Genert was returning then it was not because of the actions of Praxians.

In My Glorantha, Lord Pavis recreated the world from the Green Age within the walls of Paragua, so the fertility of the Golden Age existed within the Walls, but that led to War/Storm/nomads, Darkness and Chaos (within the walls), then the compromise and restart of Time with Pavis Outside the Walls built in an accelerated mini universe manner. What happens in Pavis is therefore what is going to happen in the rest of Glorantha because fate is progressing at a faster rate than the rest of the world. If Genert returned to Prax as a whole then Cyclical time would mean that it would have the same cycle, returning to a ruin after a green age, storm age, chaos age, etc. It's just a theory.