Re: Pavis pronunciation (was Re: Gloranthan ?! Linguistics)

From: Alison Place <alison_place_at_Sp4vBuL5hmbdoye-sagRDaesxVmUYQIGxVLaKC1Y4cOXTKUjl3ZM6Jf7DU2xLiE>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 17:17:26 -0700 (PDT)

Actually, that's the way I meant Paa-vis to be said.  English - many different ways of spelling the same damn sound!

When I found out that a pavis or pavise is a large shield used by an archer, it all made so much sense to me!  I knew that the logical way to say it was the French way, but hey, it's in Genertela, not Europe.

Alison