Re: Starbrows Rebellion 1613

From: jorganos <joe_at_XGr78kZO7WXOWG7xuKXdm2TnzrnpvMMd9RO26SyyBbKl-VUXQYIbLGnpaHPV42zOeU2tLwq5>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 21:18:04 -0000

Sean Foster

> I'm looking for references RE the above. I have Wyrms Footnotes #12 about the rebellion, but I am chasing how it started in the Culbrea? Lands, and the battle prior to Larnst's Table. A lunar Army was washed away or some such. Evidently this was detailed in WF #7. I have Book of Sartar, and have checked the Issaries website.

Try the Glorantha Wikia for the short synopsis:

http://glorantha.wikia.com/wiki/Starbrow%27s_Revolt

The Battle of Hofstaring's Flood, near the Hill of Orlanth Victorious. Basically, the rebels had dammed up a stream, and broke the dam when the Lunar column was below it, then wiped up the disoriented troops.

http://glorantha.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_of_Hofstaring%27s_Flood

> Are there any other sources for this?

> Google gives:

> http://www.boldhome.freeserve.co.uk/kosartar/1613st.htm

That looks more like the write-up of some tabletop campaign set in that time.

> Further, is the only reference to "Dragonewt" leather armour in Plunder.

There is a dragonewt warrior named Inoi Sessela in Griffin Mountain hunting for the people who took his skin to make an armor.

http://www.glorantha.com/tools/buserian/Entry/Inoi+Sessela

It was also a plotline in David Dunham's computer game King of Dragon Pass.

Both the Buserian index and the Glorantha Wikia are ongoing projects and don't claim to be complete. If you find information missing in there which you could give, please participate.