Re: Identifying lefthandedness at birth, and why kill for it?

From: Greg Stafford <glorantha1_at_yCQWTCbxgozzYCYpdVRVJLiorJ580k-9_wNlstpiOgbe0OKXojtAHSY3cSlcUXZdk>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 07:37:09 -0700

YGWV On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 4:23 PM, jorganos <joe_at_3Y9H5sbR0N64vbPCkwL_ILA2ppxvlJUFTHLCPtf2dALG2oQCBOiKA6U6HihNRNR0kcR3rd16FNTYmQ.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> The stories about the births of Obduran the Flier and Orlaront
> Dragonspeaker are almost identical in that a midwife recognizes that the
> newborn infant is left-handed, and orders it killed.

note, first, what these two men have in common: draconic connections

> This is the only recorded case of infanticide among Orlanthi,

draconic orlanthi

although I suspect that physical defects would be treated similarly.

why?

> This appears to be an Ernaldan trauma that existed even before the EWF.

I see no reason to assume that

> What is the deal?

I suggest that it has more to do with dragons than not remember dragonewts are all left handed
where are the right-handers?

as for learning this upon birth--perhaps it is not literal left-handedness, but the draconic taint that is detected
they were spared, and look at what they became

--
Greg Stafford
Game Designer