Re: Pavis the half-elf

From: armymediccampbell <ewancummins_at_D6l5eB5yT4dAWmRjr46aNHcKXZ5DI1dTCAXXPgjkO6mnLtJoNSx6ntDSuNksHnuy>
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2011 19:20:59 -0000

That reminds me of some very sketchy old D&D notes of mine. I had plans for a sort of Deadwood/ megadungeon campaign.

The camp/town was placed on or near an entrance to a treasure-filled, monster-infested megadungeon. Other, smaller entrances could be found in the hills around the camp. These were usually discovered buried under piles of rock, or concealed by brush. Adventurers hauled wealth out of the dungeon regularly enough to spark a 'gold rush'- but the work was very dangerous and mortality among the delvers was high. Peddlars, lackeys, linkboys, whores, bawds, gamblers, etc had piled into the camptown to make their living off the dungeon delvers.

The game would involve cutthroat struggles among the factions in town, and also delves into the sprawling, weird dungeon. There was also room for wilderness adevnturing in the hills.

I hadn't decided about the barbarians, but there would be some sort of 'native' threat. Pehrpas a race of monsters or men who held the hills or even the dungeon itself as holy ground?