Re: Resurrection?

From: Andrew Larsen <aelarsen_at_HVpXl0SoTE7vlrslohiolsgn71_octOJ7F--s7MHjpI92CkxhelLb_n6POk-L5I8IAm>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 22:05:42 -0500

One thing to remember is that combat in RQ can be pretty lethal. The comparative ease with which Resurrection was available in RQ helped balance that out by giving players a way to recover a character lost to bad luck. My impression is that combat is less lethal (or rather, the lethality is less dependent on random die rolls), so it makes sense from a game balance standpoint for Resurrection to be rarer as well.

Andrew E. Larsen