Wagon Trek

From: Keith <keith.nellist_at_Jo2TF5z_NJPxr_jdUyEpyWm9Fav7UUeo5ePhw3J3Cl9sYjqi-n9bot5xCnFqgP>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 11:11:54 -0000

Inspirational text: Missing Lands P77
"They ride in gigantic wagons across Kothar and northern Zamokil and rule a savannah empire which is based on trust and custom rather than conquest and domination"

These are the voyages of the Wagon Enterprise. It's five year mission to seek outt meat, information and protection, in return for fine hardwood, gossamer cloth and fruit out of season. To boldy go where Kresh wagons have gone before.

Players character are Wagonlord Kirk, Wheelwright Scott, Chief magician Spock, and so on, with redshirts to demonstrate how the espisode monster kills you....each episode they would roll up to some new Doraddi clan, oasis or spirit place and deal with whatever is going on there, using customs and traditions. I'd probably go for a modernish timeline -during the expansion into Zamokil, at the start of Arbennan resistance, and have the first appearance of the mysterious invisible Wagon train disappearances as an episode.

Each of the areas of Kothar described in Missing Lands could make up an episode - shaggy hyenas, the smug people of Daya, the trouble with Jel-mre, the River Route along the Sinjon, Tamolea forest, the monster of Tshukudu marsh, the Kingdom of the Queen of the Prince.

The Kresh were not my first choice for Star Trek analogue (that would be the Crimson Bat) but I think they offer more fun.