Re: Wizardry magic. Explain

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_LhXNYrJFBSz90ZNKPqDgKCiE6GNCBLpuZb3LuiDudSROWY-1dFo4XxFTdmi5hMcCVtP>
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2011 21:32:59 +0100

michaelL wrote:

> Could someone explain wizardy magic? I kind of get spirit magic and
> divine magic. I'm new to Runequest and planning to run a campaign
> using Mongoose's Runequest II rules but using the 3rd Age time period.

If you don't mind the different rule system (HeroQuest) here's an 8-page section on this in /The Book of Glorious Joy/, available from DriveThruRPG. (Plug, plug).

> Wizardy sounds a lot like divine magic. It also looks a lot like
> Christianity.

There are some resemblances, although "a lot" is a stretch. Its also worth noting that many wizardry practitioners are outside the Malkioni Church, and are more in the traditional fantasy mould of studying forbidden spells from musty tomes and bending the energies of the universe to their will.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Not a Dead Communist: http://jrevell.blogspot.com/