Re: Dara Happa and Nysalor

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_fTjrJni4eR8CBzcGEbw5j3Nx4Xdf6hKqcjqkX-MerI-IRSjAgRECTcwRmShQvdFnwcI>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 16:30:41 +1300

On 10/17/2011 2:12 PM, chris jensen romer wrote:
> One thing that intrigues us is the suggestion they were actively involved with, if not the actual sponsors of the Nysalor Project and Bright Empire. Is this true?

Yes. The Orlanthi and the Trolls were more upset by their involvement in the God Project than the actual God Project itself.

> By the time of Kavanyar have they renounced Nysalor, and accepted he was Gbaji (they are being menaced by chaos from Dorastor in 911/912 especially as I recall?) or do they still have some sympathy for Nysalor, and is he worshipped at all in the Second Age?

No, the Dara Happans have not renounced Nysalor. Gbaji is that evil troll westerners call Arkat and the horrors from Dorastor are his fault, not Nysalor's. Nysalor is dead and cannot be worshipped. However his teachings live on. The Great Emperor Karvanyar has used these teachings to deal mortal blows to the Dragons but other Dara Happans are queasy about the insanity they can cause (and they have waged purges against the Illuminates in past centuries.

> Was Dara Happa part of the Bright Empire?

Yes.

> Also, may as well ask while at it - Dara Happans do not in the Second Age Heroquest.

That's not quite true. They don't heroquest in the God Learner fashion, ie exploit the insights shown by Arkat and Harmast primarily because they have never been exposed to them. They have their own traditional rituals that are Heroquests (such as the Yuthappan Star Towers) .

> Oh, and he asked if his sage from the Second age would have heard of any of the Celestial Court, or if the idea of anything predating Yelm is heresy? I have not checked GroY to see what it says ont he matter yet though.

The Dara Happans know of the ten membered Celestial Court with Aether Primolt at its head. The Celestial Court retired to allow Yelm to rule the Cosmos. They also know that smelly barbarians in Dragon Pass, Carmania and other places have different names for these deities and deny Yelm's divine authority. As all good thinking people know, only the Dara Happans have the truth which is why they are Dara Happans and not, say, unwashed savages,

--Peter Metcalfe