Re: A sense of smell

From: hcarteau_at_waQasK3slBGjqPLhYuSlaa0pXMa-9yhvDm7pRfRFV4Cp0bK6zhfUYS4tLeWKkGK17gD
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 19:01:54 +0100 (CET)

As david says : "I think it should be cinematic bronze age. No toilets, everyone's clean and no one smells like they've been sitting round an open fire:-)"

All this talk about historic RW comparisons with Glorantha is fine and well, but does not satisfy the senses. Now "what do people smell like ?", THAT is an interesting question, with answers giving more (ahem) flavor to Glorantha.

Perhaps there are Magics allowing you to say clean or, at least, suppress offensive odors ?

Public baths, sweat lodges, and showering under a waterfall might be more widespread than we thought ?

What about animals ? I remember my grandparents' stable and the overpowering smell of about eight cows which lived in during winter. I remember the smell of an elephant walking by in Thailand. How can a herd of several hundreds of bisons smell ? And what about their (ungh) riders ?