Ironmongery

From: Sean Foster <ebaninth_at_6m7ktMOuU9y63i2Jz7RL0K-c7KGCSn-rOgK8hb4BG-TweshVFMIy-8zJuIlnX3zaa0s>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 23:42:50 +0800

Has there been much discussion regarding the level of military technology (Arms and especially Armour) on this group prior? Or is there a source on some-ones take on the below?

The canon seems to indicate that 3rd Age Sartar is Bronze Age/Iron Age - 4th Century BC. http://john844.org/images/proto-kelts-hallstatt-culture for an image. But I was wondering, if this level could be attributed to Maniria (Esrolia) or Peloria. Surely not, at the least they should be late Roman republic or even Byzantine.

Fronela seems to be RW 15th/16th Century - Full Plate (Meriatan in G:CotHW).

Carmania Cataphacts have been shown to have Scale/Lamellar - going back to 2nd Age?

What do Brithini Soldiery wear? or wield? They don't seem to be the types that would embrace new technology.

What about that 7pt Plate in Griffon Montain, Danmalastinian?

Dwarfs are 17th Century in the 3rd Age, in Broken Council LARP the Dwarf seems to be in RW 14th Century Plate & Lamellar.

Other Elder Races?

In the 2nd Age was the Armour Tech (for want of a better term) higher? Surely GL's would have made significant improvements, which were then lost or shunned. Same with the EWF but I would presume this was destroyed or raw materials (dragon bone) no longer made available.

I jot some thoughts below (understanding YGWV) any thoughts as to what could be added / subtracted for these below or other areas North, South and West of DP? Thoughts on cultural generalities, not outliers.

1st Age Dragon Pass (Brithini Arkat & Dara-Happan/Nysalor Empire Influences)

Armour

Leather

Quilt

Ring

Weapons (Military)

Spears

Axes

Javelins

2nd Age Dragon Pass (GL/Slontos/Justela & EWF Influences)

Leather

Quilt

Ring/Scale

EWF Laminar/Plate - Dragonbone

Bow

Weapons (Military)

Spears

Axes

Small/Medium sword - Short & Broad

Bow

EWF - Comp Bow & War Sword (Klanth)

3rd Age Dragon Pass (Lunar Influences)

Amour

Leather

Quilt

Ring/Scale

Chain

Weapons (Military)

Spears

Axes

Small/Medium sword - Short & Broad

War Sword - (Bastard Sword)

Composite/Nomad'ish Bow

Armour Tech Progression (albeit COLOSSAL level of generalisation)

Leather

Quilt

Ring - sewed ring to backing material

Bezainted - sewed discs to backing material

Scale - sewed scales

Chain - mesh links

Lamellar

Half Plate -metal plates with chain at joints

Full Plate

Sean